Fanatec announced their CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 packed with highly anticipated features for sim racing: A Dual-clutch system, exchangeable Quick Release, OLED display and much more! The GT3 wheel will be available on the 15th of February.
The steering wheel is an exact reproduction of the wheel used in McLaren GT3 race cars. The switches, paddles, dials, shape and size are designed from the original McLaren CAD files.
They replaced the 4th rotary encoder of the McLaren wheel with a 1” OLED display. And not only that, they also upgraded the Fanatec tuning menu functionality to make the most out of the display.
The CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 comes with F1 style dual-clutch bite-point mode, where you can determine the optimal clutch bite-point and achieve the best start every time when the lights go off!
They also took care that your performance does not drop after the start – they included many race winning features to the steering wheel like rocker switches, three rotary encoders, 50 Shore A rubber grips, Snapdome shifter paddles, FunkySwitch and plenty of buttons.
Starting from the CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3, all our upcoming steering wheels will include exchangeable Quick Release system. Boost the performance of the McLaren Steering Wheel with the automotive grade ClubSport Quick Release Adapter for high torque applications, available also for early-bird pre-orders on Black Friday with the availability beginning the 15th of February.
You can find detailed descriptions from the products in Fanatec.com, but here are the highlights of the steering wheel:
- The exact replica of the McLaren GT3 Steering Wheel
- Officially licensed for Xbox One
- Compatible to Xbox One, PC and PS4 (PS4 compatibility is depending on the compatibility of the wheel base)
- Dual analog paddles with 4 modes and 4-position rotary encoder for changing the mode
- Dual clutch bite-point mode
- Clutch/handbrake mode
- Gas/brake mode
- Binary button mode
- Solid anodized rocker type aluminum shifter paddles with Snapdome functionality
- Diamond texture grips for shifter and clutch paddles
- 1″ 128×64 OLED Display
- Upgraded Fanatec Tuning menu functionality
- 2 Rocker switches
- 2 Rotary encoders with 12 positions and number indicators
- Fanatec Funky switch (5-way digital joystick with rotary function)
- 2 high-bezel snapdome buttons with laser engraved P & N indicators
- Integrated storage for QR screw and Allen key on the wheel