2K and Turtle Rock Studios released a lot of new content fort their moster hunter game Evolve. They released their fourth playable Monster Behemoth, four new hunters and the observermode. They also released two new maps, The Broken Hill Mine and Broken Hill Foundry which are free for all. In addition to the moster hunter pack they released the Patch 2.0. You can see the whole changelog-list below.
The four new Hunters are: Torvald (Assault), Crow (Trapper), Slim (Medic), and Sunny (Support) which are also shown in the ‘The Hunt Evolves’ trailer. You can also take a look at the gameplay video below.
To show you what you can get they released a new trailer. Enjoy it right here.
“DB Sinclair and Yah Boy Shak take us on a commentated journey through the Aviary map, featuring the newest Monster Behemoth, and the four new Hunters, Torvald (Assault), Crow (Trapper), Slim (Medic), and Sunny (Support). Kick back, relax, and get ready to rock and roll with the blazing ball that is Behemoth, and the fragtastic four new Hunters!” Enjoy the gameplay video.
Here is 2K’s and Turtle Rock’s introduction of the four new hunters:
“I HAVE CROSSED THE DEPTHS OF SPACE TO FIND YOU, BEAST! I AM YOUR DEATH!” – TORVALD
Torvald has a Goliath-sized beef with Monsters. Survivor of a Monster attack, Torvald was nearly torn to pieces. Rebuilt into a half-human walking tank, Torvald is heading to Shear with a head full of revenge. Besides cybernetic implants, he’s sporting back-mounted Mortar Cannons. As deadly as those mortar rounds are at a distance, Torvald is straight-up vicious, up close. Toss a Shrapnel Grenade and he peppers a target with weak spots. That’s when you unload rounds from his Autofire Shotgun and rack up some serious bonus damage.
TRS Tip: Torvald’s Mortar is obviously great for splash damage at a distance, but you can also aim straight up for a close-range drop. Combine that with the Shrapnel Grenade to bring the Monster a world of pain.
“THESE THINGS ARE TOUGH….WONDER HOW THEY TASTE.” –CROW
Crow is a bit of a recluse. He actually retired to the unsettled parts of Shear to be left alone – until the Monsters came and screwed everything up. He understands the planet better than most, which makes him perfectly suited as a Trapper. Now, Crow and his trained pet Batray, Gobi, are going to get rid of the Monsters one dome at a time. On command, Gobi flies ahead to scout an area and lets Crow “see” nearby creatures. Gobi flies out a couple hundred meters at most in line-of-sight, eventually finding its way back to its master. Crow’s Stasis Gun has two firing modes: A rapid-fire mode briefly slows down the Monster, but a charged shot will drop a Monster to a crawl for a longer period of time. Then there is his Kinetic Long Rifle. The rapid-fire mode deals lots of damage-per-second, but charge the shot and he is able to punch straight through a Monster’s armor and damage its health. It’s sneaky and vicious. Just like Crow.
TRS Tip: Send Gobi out often. He should be looking for the Monster even when you’re in a dome to keep tabs on it. Also, try to stick with the charged shot with the Stasis Gun – it will slow the monster longer, as opposed to short-burst shots.
“YOU GOT TOO MUCH HEALTH, GOLIATH! GIMME SOME!” – SLIM
A forgotten solider from a forgotten war, Slim is not human – not anymore. His DNA was genetically modified so much that this combat medic resembles some insectoid hybrid. All of Slim’s abilities not only mess with the Monster, he has some unique ways to keep his fellow Hunters in the fight. His primary weapon, the Leech Gun, saps strength from the Monster and that fuels how quickly his Healing Burst reloads. His Healing Burst also happens to have the largest radius compared to all the other Medics. Slim’s Healing drone buzzes around the battlefield, targeting teammates and helping them regenerate health over time. As soon as the Hunter getting healed is attacked, the drone returns to Slim. Of course, the Monster can’t hurt what it can’t find and Slim’s Spore Cloud Launcher masks the scent of the Hunters, giving you the perfect opportunity to get in close.
TRS Tip: Fire the Leech Gun often – even if you don’t think you’re hitting anything. The Leech gun is how Slim replenishes the Medic Heal Burst ability. The more shots you take at the wildlife (and the Monster), the faster it recharges!
“YAY! WE DID IT! WHY DIDN’T ANYONE BELIEVE ME? YOU GUYS ARE SUCH DOWNERS.” – SUNNY
Sunny goes a long ways back with Abe and Parnell before coming to Shear. (In fact, Sunny was one of the original four Hunters, back when Evolve was first created.) Now the ace pilot, engineer and eternal optimist is coming to help her old squadmates. As support, she’s protecting the team with Shield Drones that will cover nearby teammates and take the hits for the Hunters. In order to help them with a quick escape, Sunny’s Jetpack Booster lets teammates fly further, faster and not run out of juice while in range. All that said, Sunny is perfectly capable of dishing it out. Her Mininuke Grenade Launcher packs more punch in a single projectile than any other hand-wielded weapon in the game.
TRS Tip: Jetpack Boost teammates that are being attacked so they can dodge out of the way as much as possible. Also, if you’re hot on the trail of the Monster, Jetpack Boost your Trapper so that they can keep pace and drop a dome on it.
Take a look at the patchnotes here:
• Tier 4 Hunters
• 2 New Maps for XB1… April 30th for PC & PS4
• Updated Post-Round Replay Controls
• Observer Tool
• Audio Improvements to Dropship Conversations…there should be more of them playing now
• Further Improvements to saving progression
• PC Specific:
• Added protections against known cheats
• Made improvements to alleviate of DXGI_DEVICE_ERROR_HUNG
• XB1 Specific:
• Fixed issue that would keep a player from re-joining a game they were disconnected from
• Fixed issue that would cause a player to become out of sync with other players in a match if they reconnected to a match
• PS4 Specific:
• Improved voice chat audio quality
• Fixed issue where players could sometimes end up in the wrong game mode
• Fixed issue where the server would not allow players to join in progress
• Various progression balance changes—Same changes as Xbox One and PC in 1.1
• Other Bug Fixes
• Fixed a crash that sometimes occured if a player disconnected after using Plasma Blast
• Fixed the tracking dart sound playing for monster when Abe darts wildlife
• Fixed situations where AI sometimes fell through the world after using Teleport Gates
• Fix rare crash when AIs would grapple the player
• Fix rare crash when late-joining a game while another player was using personal shield or cloak
• Fix rare server crash when a player disconnects while teleporting or gliding.
• Fixed issue with playable Ebonstar Soldier
• All Monsters – Minor maintenance and improvements
• There is now a cooldown after a stealth pounce
• All monsters can see recent damage on their health bar to help make burst damage visible.
• Kraken – Fixing some flight edge cases that were causing inconsistencies making him too powerful or too weak depending on the situation.
• Cooldown increased by one second.
• Reduced knockback magnitude.
• Tranq Darts, Stasis Grenades and Harpoons pull Kraken down at a consistent rate regardless of whether he is in combat or out of combat. (they used to stack outside of combat)
• Kraken’s flight speed is no longer slowed by Tranqs and Stasis grenades since they pull him to the ground where running speed is affected.
• Fixed a bug that was causing Aftershock to not break harpoon traps or Arc Mines.
• Fixed bug that prevented Kraken from getting pulled down while flying in any direction
• Wraith – Making her movement speed less bursty which makes her easier to keep track of. Making Supernova less lethal while still allowing it to be just as powerful. Making Warp Blast a damage dealer instead of a traversal mechanic.
• Warp speed reduced 25%
• Supernova duration decreased by 50%
• Wraith becomes visible for half a second when shot while cloaked.
• Increased cooldown time by 2 seconds.
• Warp Blast
• Speed reduced by 40%
• Range no longer levels up.
• Radius levels up now.
• Max travel distance set to 30 meters for all levels.
• Damage increased by 10%.
• Trappers – Increasing the Trapper’s effectiveness.
• Mobile arena – Can no longer be heard by the Monster player (equipment sfx and VO callout.) Monster players need to be more aware and see the location of the Hunters rather than just listening for the Mobile Arena audio to know when to run.
• Arc Mine
• Damage reduced by 20%
• Fixed a bug where damage extended past the trigger radius.
• Health reduced by 75%
• Arm time increased by one second.
• Hyde – Making Toxic Grenade a more effective area of denial weapon while also making it less spammy. Buffing Hyde’s overall damage output.
• Toxic Grenade
• DPS increased by 50%
• Added proximity detonation (works vs airborne Kraken now)
• Reduced fire rate
• Reduced lifetime by 15%
• Accuracy increased by 25%
• Damage increased by 20%
• Multifire Rocket launcher has better accuracy while jumping and jetpacking
• Harpoon Traps – Arm time increased by one second.
• Sound Spike
• Sound sensor detection range increased to 60 meters
• Now detect stealthing monsters within a 15 meter radius
• Guided Missile Launcher damage increased 11%
• Rail Cannon
• Damage reduced by 30%
• Reload time increased by 25%
• Val – Increasing her overall effectiveness. Made her Medgun a bit more bursty. This makes capacity and reload perks useful for Val.
• Heals 20% faster
• Consumes ammo 2.5x faster.
• Takes 50% more time to recharge.
• Tranq duration increased to 10 seconds (was already 10 seconds on Wraith, now other monsters match)
• Acceleration Field – Cooldown increased by 15 seconds.