Today, a few weeks after announcing more than 5 million registered players, Reto-Moto announce the release of a new update for their WWII MMOFPS Heroes & Generals. The update is named ‘Vasilevsky’ and brings improved melee mechanics, weapon tweaks, better and optimized visual effects, deeper gameplay for the Generals with a new morale system for Assault Teams, new combat badges and ribbons and much more.
The melee system has been improved, and by utilizing Inverse Kinematics and more precise animations Reto-Moto has now made it easier to hit the enemy with knives, shovels and wrenches.
There are many other weapon tweaks and additions in the new update: the Anti Tank mines give less damage to vehicles if not detonating below the vehicle, there is a new powerful ‘Over Pressure’ ammunition type for the M1917 revolver, the Panzerschreck muzzle velocity has been increased and US Infantrymen can now also unlock the M1 Carbine.
The visual effects have been optimized to look and perform better and it is now much easier to distinguish between surface impacts, ricochets and armor penetrating explosions.
Generals and officers now have to take morale of their troops into consideration when they manage the war resources and execute their strategies, as Assault Teams lose morale every time they enter a battle. Even though they do gain some back by winning, they will not gain more than they lost. This means that like in real war, Assault Teams can’t keep attacking but have to stop and rest every once in a while even if they win every battle.
The Vasilevsky update also brings new combat badges and ribbons especially for generals and officers which when equipped can give boosters to movement speed, maximum morale, or morale regain speed of their Assault Teams.
Take a look at the full changelog for the Vasilevsky update:
- Forward Airfield Iteration #2:
- Church and Bridge
- Added X1 as an optional capture point between O1 and O3 to improve flow between those two points.
- Most O3 emergency spawns moved to two South Eastern buildings to avoid emergency spawning in the middle of the attack from C-line.
- One O3 tank spawn moved to the other side of church, and another spawn added in order to make tank movement less predictable for the enemy.
- Added Bomb-crater at mainstreet crossroads to provide a cover point and viewblock the path between O1 and O1 emergency spawns.
- Added a fence at O1 emergency spawn building to provide cover and viewblock the path to O1.
- Added ladder to O1 rooftop to improve flow.
- Added checkpoint props to bridge centre to provide more cover on the bridge and viewblock.
- You can no longer capture O3 from outside the church
- Blocked several back windows on O2 Nissen-hut to avoid HE-shelling from the airstrip.
- Extended sandbag wall on O2 to provide further protection from the airstrip.
- Replaced AA gun spawn at between O2 and D3 with Panzerfaust box.
- O2: You can no longer get stuck between wooden boxes and Nissen hut
- Extended riverbank with more vegetation and rocks to ease approaching the bridge from A-line.
- A2 – House1E has misplaced destructable windows fixed
- Terrain Raised between C1 and C2 in order to protect players leaving the access-point from shelling.
- Put cloth dynamics flags on the tents.
- Cut away underground water geometry for improved performance.
- You can no longer capture B1 from outside the building
- Fixed a set of invisible objects
- Church and Bridge
- First blood: Sandbag has been re-placed so they no longer deny gravity
- Town: Fixed a graphics issue where the stone bridge tower would flicker between two LOD states
- Town: You can no longer clip into DrawerDeskBurned1A by jumping up on the adjacent Carpet1C – Police Station interior
- Generic: House7B (ruin with internal staircase) has its misplaced wooden stair elements fixed
- Generic: House 3D_Policestation_front, window in ExtraRoom now has a coli
- Fixed water splash effect from explosives on Airfield, Town and Mountain town map
- Effects Optimizations
- All impact effects updated, to look better and run faster.
- Impact Default material, Impact on Stone surfaces, Impact Metal surfaces, Impact on other material surfaces; Asphalt, Concrete, Dirt, Glass, Plaster, Sand, Wood
- Following explosions updated, to look better and run faster.
- Explosion size 20, 37, 50, 76 and 88mm
- Explosion_Tank – Small, Medium & Large
- Explosion_Vehicle – Small, Medium & Large
- Explosion_Bazooka_AP_Armor – Default, Penetration, No Penetrations and Ricochet
- Particle effects updated
- Fixed stuttering explosion shadows
- Object quality can now be set to low
- Shooting multiple windows on Building6C, could cause an VFX overload and crash- Fixed
- No framedrop anymore from explosions off screen
- Optimizations for low-end computers
- Several issues fixed in the texture streamers
- Fixed 4 causes for long freezes
Weapons & Vehicles
- Anti-Tank mines give less damage to vehicles if they aren’t below the vehicle when detonated
- Bolt action rifles have 25% more range
- Panzerschreck muzzle velocity increased to 110 m/s
- Panzerfaust armor penetration capabilities increased so they can penetrate heavy tanks when used correctly
- Fixed weapon chambertime bug, mods chamber time effect would be ignored
- Improved melee combat
- Tweaked melee weapon damages
- Knife, Shovel and Wrench attacks – impact effects on metal, default, wood and human
- Knife animations quicker for faster attack and more precise
- Shovel and wrench attacks more precise
- Tweaked German motorbike – To make it harder to flip.
- Spawn with spades – If a player somehow manages to join a game without ANY weapons, a spade/shovel will be provided
- Fixed a bug that a weapon does not fire shortly after an animation is complete that prevented it from firing
- Fixed a bug with foot IK when in motion
- Banking adjusted down a bit.
- Weather settings update: Day (2) setting is now more sunny
- Entering a vehicle in prone position no longer leads to exiting in prone position
Strategy & Soldiers
Campaign Map & Assault Teams
- AT morale, which defines the AT’s motivation to fight in a battle.
- All ATs can have morale values between 0 and 100.
- All ATs that have low enough morale, will be knocked out when they encounter the enemy.
- All ATs that are not involved in a battle, recover some morale every minute.
- At the end of a battle, all ATs involved lose a certain amount of morale. This is also true for all ATs that decide to retreat from a battle.
- At the end of a battle, all victorious ATs gain a certain amount of morale.
- At the end of a battle, all ATs with zero resource (on either winning or losing side) will surrender (i.e. lose all morale).
- If an AT cannot retreat (i.e. it is surrounded, or has no resources), it will surrender and lose all resources and morale.
- Updated the war victory condition from 12 capitals to 15
- Fixed a bug which made paratroopers grounded when attacking an occupied enemy town
- Fixed a bug where the next production timer would show unreal values
- Removed city Kędzierzyn-Koźle as it did not exist during second world war
- All Capitals now have their American naming
- Townname Braniewo renamed to Braunsberg
- Several towns adjusted since they didn’t exist in WWII
- Several town names re-named from Polish town names to German town names as they belonged to Germany
- Pathfinders and paratroopers now have their correct movement speed listed
- Fixed an issue where double clicking on a Soviet Assault Team from the Assault Team list would result in unexpected behavior
- Assault Team owner list no longer has the option to add friends who are already in your friend list
- Upon Assault Team deployment, the hourglass icon is no longer replaced with the deploy icon if only one of the two supplies have arrived
- Assault Teams can no longer be moved through enemy towns when commanded quickly
Soldiers & Vehicles
- New weapon, weapon-ammo and weapon-upgrade repair windows
- New vehicle, vehicle-ammo and vehicle-upgrade repair windows
- Created soldier appearance window with selection of uniform variations
- Moved Weapon shop options into Weapon Overview
- Moved Vehicle shop options into Vehicle overview
- Moved Vehicle upgrade shop options into Vehicle upgrade window
- Moved Weapon variations into upgrade weapon window
- Updated Weapon and Vehicle item slots to have new functionality and shortcuts to repair and upgrade windows
- Default equipped items are now highlighted in blue color (ammo, uniforms and weapon variants)
- Vehicle Armament Display and Upgrade component added
- Soldier Loadout Display added
Weapons & Upgrades
- Pouches for pistols aka you can now add and subtract ammo from pistols like with rifles
- Added new ammo (United Defence Super P+) for the revolver. This is bad-ass Dirty Harry ammo that only works in the revolver
- Increased ROF on ROF+ mods for pistols
- Added 1 equipment point to sniper rifles to align with bolt action
- Added 1 equipment dot to recon soldiers
- Increased ROF on ROF+ mods for SA Rifles
- Bolt action RoF mods buffed
- New Revolver Hollowpoint ammo image
- New Revolver Half Moon ammo image
- Fixed a bug when switching soldiers, vehicle weapon and rank insignia’s don’t match with the images
- The effect of S.m.K L’spur ammunition now shows in the graph, cone indicator and advantage/disadvantage list.
- Fixed the wrong unlock requirement shown for MG34 in shop
- Fixed inconsistent unlock requirements for Panzerschreck RPzB 54
- Binoculars no longer count as a weapon, thus a weapon must be equipped when entering combat besides a binocular
- FG42 now has access to the Stainless Steel Barrel modification
- All ribbon drivers have been adjusted (average player should reach level 12 in 200 hours of gameplay)
- Added M1 Carbine to US infantry, SA ribbon level 12
- Moved Adjustable wrench form driver ribbon level 9 to level 5
- Moved car thief (silver) badge from driver level 3 to level 5
- Moved car thief (gold) badge from driver level 5 to level 9
- New Combat Badges:
- Bronze: 20% Faster vehicle repair
- Silver: 50% Faster vehicle repair
- Gold: 100% Faster vehicle repair
- Charismatic Leader
- Bronze: +5% Faster morale recovery
- Silver: +10% Faster morale recovery
- Gold: +15% Faster morale recovery
- Battlefield Commander
- Bronze: +5% Morale
- Silver: +10% Morale
- Gold: +15% Morale
- Logistic Expert
- Bronze: +5% Assault Team Speed
- Silver: +10% Assault Team Speed
- Gold: +20% Assault Team Speed (edit: Adjusted up from 15 just before update rollout)
- Added 2 new ribbons
- Battle Ribbon: Participate in WAR battles to earn experience. Highest award is given for victories.
- War Ribbon: Participate on the winning side of a war to earn experience.
- Description fix for Iron Fist Badge (no tank vs tank combat effect)
- Academy Trained Pilot now correctly shows pistol unlock at rank 4 instead of the plane
- Added unique rank insignia for German paratroopers
- Added unique rank insignia for Soviet recons
- All existing General characters will have their combat badges unequipped, when the Vasilevsky update rolls out
- Fixed a bug when removing a player who was ready from the Squad, it would show ‘Players not ready’
- Several Windows 10 preparations – not yet fully supported
- Localization fix for description of BA-64B (English)
- English description fix for N-K 6×30
- Update German description Refill and upgrade repair costs, the text now fits.
- Update German description 24 hrs, the text no longer overlaps
- Corrected typo in description 20mm Panzersprenggranate 151 AP bullets, BF-109 ammunition (English)
- Russian name for RGD-33 fixed
- Russian localization fixed for earned experience in battle overview
- English localization fix, description for IS-2 grammar mistake fixed
- Improved bad word filter for characternames
- Password Reset emails now have clickable links
- Friend search improved, You can now search for friends with names starting with a special character
- Mission details now allow 5 digits of resources to be shown
- You can no longer create a squad when the action game window is open
- Connection error shown when failing to connect to the game now shows the entire message
- Fixed an issue where matchmaker would if started too fast ignore some hosting centers
- Players are now no longer listed multiple times in the mission flash client chat
- Warbonds update screen no longer has a white line on top of it
- Ignore function now also works on existing message topics
- Flash client no longer asks for non-existent images for locked vehicle slots
- When un-ignoring a player, the player name now disappears from the list
- Several matchmaker and lobby fixes
- Anti cheat update