Toshiba Europe GmbH today announces an enhanced and expanded range of its premium Ultrabook; the KIRA. With a range of new features, the 33.8 cm (13.3”) KIRA takes performance to an improved level as the ultimate Ultrabook for both personal and business use. For the first time in Europe, KIRA is now available in a selection of configurations including the choice between the detailed clarity of a PixelPure (2560 x 1440) touch screen or a new Full HD (1920 x 1080) non-glare option. The same refined design as the original KIRA delivers the ideal combination of slim elegance and incredible performance which again redefines the expectation of what an Ultrabook can be.
Toshiba’s KIRA incorporates new 5th gen Intel Core processors with premium performance and stunning visuals to take computing to a new level. The inclusion of up to 5th gen Intel Core i7 processors help pack a bigger punch, while using less power for a longer battery life. Capable of up to an outstanding 13 hours of continuous usage on the Full HD version and up to 10.45 hours on the PixelPure model, KIRA enables users to work or play away from the power mains, making it perfect for long haul flights, travelling or out-of-office working. Portability is further increased with KIRA now even lighter than before weighing from just 1.10 kg2 despite the improved performance and original feather light weight.
The new KIRA series offers a choice of display options with either PixelPure or Full HD resolutions available. With the high resolution 2560 x 1440 PixelPure touch screen option, IGZO (Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide) display technology is also included providing incredible clarity while Corning Concore glass ensuring enough protection ready for life on the move. The impressive IGZO technology also contributes to the improved battery life, a high performing touch input and ultra-wide viewing angles on both vertical and horizontal planes.
The new Full HD option features a 300 NIT display with IPS technology to offer strong colour reproduction and excellent viewing angles for watching movies or video editing. The non-glare screen is ideal for working outdoors or in bright lights to reduce reflections and ensure content is always visible.
All new KIRA models are further enhanced by the addition of true colour accuracy and reproduction with each display being calibrated by Chroma Tune and certified by Technicolor. Whether photo-editing or simply viewing images and videos, there’s a more natural colour expression which adds a new layer of realism, cinematic quality and engagement to entertainment. Every model also comes with pre-installed Chroma Tune™ for Toshiba software, so users can select the best colour space for the content being viewed and software applications being used. As a result, everything displayed on screen is reproduced according to the original intent and there are no mismatches when viewing photos or other imagery.
All the high performing features on the original KIRA™ remain to complement the new additions to provide the perfect union of beauty and performance. With Harman Kardon customised speakers and DTS Studio Sound processing technology, users can enjoy an incredibly immersive, premium audio experience. For usability and convenience, there is a full array of connectivity including 3 x high speed USB 3.0 ports, 1 x HDMI featuring Ultra HD output and wireless display technologies for sharing content seamlessly. KIRAs premium design goes untouched – the sleek frameless backlit keyboard blends beautifully into the body of the laptop, while the contour of each key is designed for maximum typing comfort.
Toshiba KIRA will be available in Europe during the first quarter of 2015.
- Display options:
– 33.8 cm (13.3″) PixelPure™(2560 x 1440), 221 ppi, IGZO display technology with 10-finger touch support and Corning® Concore™ glass
– 33.8 cm (13.3”) Full HD (1920 x 1080), 300 NIT, non-glare, IPS display
- Processor: Up to 5th gen Intel® Core™ i7 processors
- Graphics: Intel® HD 5500 graphics
- Audio: Harman Kardon® stereo speakers with DTS® Studio Sound™
- SSD: Up to 256 GB mSATA Solid State Drive
- Memory: 8GB DDR3L
- Software: ChromaTune™ for Toshiba
- Connectivity: 3 x USB 3.0 (1 x USB Sleep-and-Charge), 1 x HDMI® with Ultra HD output, SD card reader, headphone combo
- Communication: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, Bluetooth® 4.0, wireless display technologies
- HD webcam with dual microphones supporting Beam Forming technologies
– Full HD display model: Windows 8.1 64-bit
– PixelPure™ display model: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
- Battery life:
– Full HD display model: up to 13 hours1
– PixelPure™ display model: up to 10.45 hours1
– Full HD display model: 316 mm x 207 x 7.6/17.9 mm
– PixelPure™ (with touch) display model: 316 mm x 207 mm x 9.5/19.8 mm
– Full HD display model: 1.10 kg
– PixelPure™ (with touch) display model: 1.32 kg