Developer KUNOS Simulazioni released the next huge update and the Dream Pack 3 for their racing game Assetto Corsa. In addition, they also released a new trailer which you can enjoy below.
Here’s what the developer says about:
Several features related to post processing effects have been refined, including the FXAA filter, that has
been significantly improved using Kunos’ own shader engine. The new build also introduces a new
reflection rendering system: these features result in a substantial improvement in the look of the cars. The
HDR algorithm now matches real life photographic references, resulting in an even more natural lighting
environment and reflections.
Build 1.4 introduces a new font-rendering system for dashboards, resulting in improved graphics and
higher definition. In addition, the digital instruments have been updated for all available cars, while the
exaggerated motion blur effect in some camera modes has been eliminated.
The new build introduces a new algorithm to improve the ability for AI drivers to stick to an intended racing
line, resulting in better behaviour during door-to-door racing. Furthermore, the code related to the braking
algorithm is now able to understand and use locked inside tyres for front-wheel drive cars.
The antilag/antiwarp system has been vastly improved, featuring a new netcode prediction algorithm that
is now used to handle missing packets that used to generate warps and lags, bringing about a more stable
and consistent online experience.
Since the first Dream Pack, we have also put a lot of effort into audio, especially in the exterior sound
department. Dream Pack 3 is no exception, with each car having its distinctive note, from the mighty little
500 Assetto Corse to the screaming DFV V8 engine of the legendary Lotus 72d. Furthermore, “old” cars
are also undergoing a sound revamp: the 1.4 update will bring you new exterior sounds for the BMW M3
e30 DTM/Group A.
Here are some details about the Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 3, according to the developer:
Welcome to DREAM PACK 3, the new add-on content pack for ASSETTO CORSA.
This package adds the Brands Hatch circuit and eight new awesome cars in a total of nine completely
different variations to the Assetto Corsa racing game.
The Circuit of Brands Hatch in Assetto Corsa
The development of this famous and challenging circuit required six months of work, making Brands Hatch
the fourth add-on circuit in Assetto Corsa in 2015 after the legendary Nordschleife, Zandvoort and
Barcelona. As showed in the following video, the Kunos Simulazioni development team reproduced the
track paying attention to every single detail and reference point used by real drivers, thanks to the
extensive use of Laserscan technology, guaranteeing maximum accuracy. The resulting precision,
combined with the advanced physics model of Assetto Corsa, offers an unprecedented driving experience,
blurring even more the difference between virtual racing and reality.
Similarly to the previous Dream Packs, the cars included in this third package have also been selected
through user polls, where gamers could vote for their favourite manufacturers and models on our website.
The pack includes a perfect mix of vehicles of different classes, types and periods, ready to satisfy our
fans’ hunger for racing.
Dream Pack 3 – List of Contents
Brands Hatch Circuit – GP / Indy version
- Abarth 500 Assetto Corse
- LAMBORGHINI Huracán Super Trofeo
- McLAREN 650 GT3
- MERCEDES-BENZ AMG GT3
- Historic racing cars
- Lotus Type 25
- Lotus Type 72
- FORD Escort RS 1600
- Production cars
- Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
- Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera S3
Assetto Corsa 1.4 Changelog
– New reflection rendering system
– HDR now matches real life photographic references
– Improved AI ability to stick to the intended racing line
– Improved AI braking code (able to understand and use locked inside tyre for FWD)
– Vastly improved multiplayer antilag/antiwarp system
– Fixed missing ksBrakeDisc script in all the remaining cars.
– Tweaked wet volume for reverb on high distance
– Tweaked dynamics for Audi R8 Plus interior sound
– New Bmw M3 e30 DTM and Group A exterior sounds
– New font rendering system for dashboards
– Fixed fadeout timing for gravel particles
– Improved digital instruments of all cars
– Fixed some bugged special events
– Tweaked most of the special events to be compatible with tyre model 5/6
– FXAA is now using Kunos’ own shader
– Fixed blurred rim/tyres on car with animated suspensions on farther Lods
– ksEditor: added node grid
– Introduced [DRS_ZONES] IGNORE_ZONES in drs.ini to allow road cars to ignore DRS zones
(ie. McLaren P1)
– Fixed exaggerate motion blur for some camera modes
– Added serial opponent selection on Options->General: if flagged then opponents skin
is not randomly chosen, but alphabetically
– Fixed unrealistic qualify times when session is skipped
– Fixed LaFerrari rear wheels
– Fixed Huracan GT3 model to update it from the pre-season version
– GT3 and GT2 cars tyre heating improvements
– Ferrari 312T Tyre v6
– Audi R8 Plus front torque vectoring and central differential improvements.
– Headlights revised on all cars
– Added missing dashboard lighting to cars where present
– Fixed various LOD issues on a large number of cars
– Car shader overhaul
– Skins fixes and updates on various cars
– Added templates for DP3 cars and Audi R8 Plus
– Optimization across the entire car range (should help with large fields)
– Digital instrument updates
– Fixed collision boxes on various cars
Enjoy the video.