In “Battles of Kyrat”, the Far Cry 4 world is shown in a completely different way (trailer below). The player’s battles take on the form of a re-telling of a long-past war that Pagan Min’s elite guard (Image gallery below), the Rakshasa, fought against the Golden Path rebellion. Each faction has their own unique set of weapons and skills and players will have to adapt to their strengths and weaknesses while making their own progress within this multiplayer mode.
The PvP mode consists of:
- 5v5 round-based matches.
- Asymmetrical gameplay where the players take on each faction.
- The team with the best overall performance on both wins the match.
- 20 minutes average match length.
- 10 maps at launch.
- 3 modes:
- Outpost – the Golden Path works to establish an outpost in the region while the Rakshasa has to get rid of them and secure the outpost for Pagan Min.
- Propaganda – the Golden Path has to destroy three Pagan Min installations while the Rakshasa protects them.
- Demon Mask – both sides have to find the mask and return it to their home base.
Developed by Ubisoft Montréal in collaboration with other Ubisoft studios, Far Cry 4 will be available worldwide on November 18 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.