The developer want to inform you that their newest game, Agony UNRATED, premieres now on Steam. Agony UNRATED is available on Steam and it costs 14,99$ / 14,99€ / 49,99 zł.
Thanks to Steam’s help, they have managed to combine the basic version of Agony with Agony UNRATED. This means the game is completely free for any user who already has the basic version of Agony in his Steam library – regardless of when he bought it.
Watch the trailer right here:
Agony UNRATED – changes from the basic version:
- Improved quality of character models and textures,
- New types of threats – Traps,
- New types of environmental threats,
- New types of static opponents,
- A new, more extensive and useful character development system,
- Volumetric lighting,
- Normal Mode and Hard Mode with more opponents and puzzles,
- Completely new type of environment – the Forest, added to the procedurally generated Agony Mode, which now also includes additional traps and boss fights,
- 8 different endings in the Story Mode,
- Possibility to follow the story mode as a Sukkub,
- Sukkub Mode and Agony Mode are unlocked at the first start of the game,
- Many new, uncensored scenes,
- Black and red image filter, inspired by the Agony trailers,
- World map and minimap,
- The possibility of setting up a fire and killing some opponents as a martyr,
- Sacrificial altars,
- New and modified paths for the player,
- Numerous technical improvements to the basic version of the game and much more.
The developers also released a Legal statement:
Unfortunately, but the contracts we have in force, both publishing and rating, blocked us from releasing the patch and removing the censorship from the game. Any lawsuit related to the violation of these rules would most likely lead to the closure of our studio.
To release Agony Unrated, we had to choose an alternative route and remain in the shadows by announcing the suspension of our work on the game. Today, after a few months since the release of Agony, the deadline for contracts binding us has passed and we can share these details with you.
At the moment, the PC is the only platform that gives us the freedom to create the world we’ve come up with. This, unfortunately, means Agony Unrated can never appear as a Digital Edition on consoles.
If players and reviewers positively receive Agony Unrated, we will try to get a contract with the publisher who will agree to issue a limited number of copies of the boxed game, both on PS4 and Xbox One.
The release of the game in a box version is the only option for the production with the “Adult Only” age rating to appear on consoles.