Capcom announced Umbrella Corps, which is a new third-person shooter set in the Resident Evil universe. The competitive online game will feature quick, intense matches in compact battle zones themed from historic Resident Evil environments such as an Umbrella Facility map. Umbrella Corps utilizes the Unity engine developed by Unity Technologies. Umbrella Corporation, a ruthless international pharmaceutical company, had been known for its genetic experiments and biological weaponry that led to worldwide devastation including the infamous Raccoon City incident. Although the organization was brought down in 2003, its legacy of bio-terrorism continued. In the present day, corporations with nebulous interests in bio-weaponry have hired squads of special forces for experimental battles in restricted virus-infected areas against other mercenaries.
- Close quarters battle – high-intensity, quick-play matches with no place to hide
- Fast-paced competitive team shooter – players can compete online in adrenaline-fueled matches
- Variety of unique match options – compete in various modes including the high-stakes One Life Match mode where players only get one chance apiece per round to take down the other team
- Resident Evil backdrop – familiar environments and enemies such as zombies populate each map, adding another threat or opportunity
- Analog aim and cover system – flexible system allows for lean and height adjustments for more precise control when firing from cover
- Gun and grenade based weaponry plus specialized gear with Resident Evil flair:
- Brainer – a powerful melee axe which goes straight into the skull
- Tactical Shield – an arm-mounted guard allowing players to utilize a zombie as cover
- Terrain Spikes – boot-mounted spikes for trampling enemies
- Zombie Jammer – a device which repels zombies only when active
The game coming early 2016 for a price of €29.99 / £24.99 / $29.99. Enjoy the announcement trailer right here below.