What is Rise of Industry?
Rise of Industry is a strategic tycoon game that puts you in the shoes of an early 20th-century industrialist. Build and manage your growing empire in a living, breathing, and procedurally generated world that is constantly evolving and adapting to your playstyle.
You will have to build factories, construct efficient transport lines, move raw materials, produce finished goods, and arrange trade with the world’s developing cities, providing them with the resources they need to flourish – for as they grow and prosper, so do you.
Designed with an eye towards both accessibility and depth, Rise of Industry has enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced fans of the genre, while its simple-to-understand mechanics ensure that new players will love it as well.
What are the main features of Rise of Industry?
- Experience tailored for every player – Specialise in just trading, production, farming, gathering or any combination and research your way to bigger and better things.
- Use PR & Marketing to gain favour (or repair damage) with your business partners.
- Choose from over 100 individual products and manage the manufacturing process from harvesting raw materials all the way to delivering the end product to local stores & townspeople
- Build and manage a solid transportation network to enable efficient transfer of goods via plentiful trucks, speedy trains, high capacity boats, and even airships.
- Be prepared for fierce competition – Advanced town and city A.I., make for an intelligent and changing game world so you will not be the only one looking for the best deal.
- Town personalities – adapt a suitable approach for every town or face their economic backlash.
- Huge, procedurally generated maps mean that you will always have room to expand your empire into whether in testing scenarios or sandbox mode where imagination is your only limit.
- Be quick to adapt to the current business climate with contracts, random events and quests keeping you on your toes and cash flowing in.
- Go green or go home: pollution, disease and other industrial by-products will eventually await the non-conscientious tycoon.
- Ever-changing biomes will present different environmental challenges as you aim to make the most out of the map – Lose potential oil reserves as polluted tundra melts into fields or fertile grassland wilts and dies into arid desert.
- Ready for global domination? Bend and break your friends into economic submission in multiplayer-mode (multiplayer mode coming post release)
What platforms will Rise of Industryrelease on?
- PC / LINUX
When will Rise of Industry release?
Rise of Industry is already out with Early Access over on Steam, since February 2018.
Full release is aimed for early 2019.
Who is developing Rise of Industry?
Dapper Penguin Studios, located in Madrid, Spain,dedicate their very souls in making the best possible simulation games, trying to resurrect a genre that seems forgotten in the last few years.
Having gathered industry veterans (former Blizzard and Trion employees, with decades of combined experience), they strive in providing an unforgettable and enjoyable experience with enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced lovers of the genre, while its user friendly mechanics ensure that new players will love it as well.
Why Early Access on Steam?
Communication is extremely important and using Early Access isan opportunity to have a direct channel between the developers and the community.
It isactually, what Early Access is meant to be: constant communication with the players, polishing and improving the game, to make it as entertaining and enjoyable as possible.
Will there be a co-op mode in Rise of Industry?
Will Rise of Industry will have a multiplayer?
Yes. After the full release of the game, the developers will focus on multiplayer.
As it needs a lot of work to turn a game like this into a multiplayertitle, it has been decided to focus on having a great base for a never-ending, fun experience insingleplayer, and then immediately after release, start working on multiplayer, which will come as a free update for all owners of Rise of Industry.
What languages will be available in Rise of Industry?
The game will support English, German, Russian, Chinese, Spanish.
More to come later and possibly even more via modding.
Will there also be a retail version?
Right now there is nothing planned.
What engine does Rise of Industryuse?
Unity was the base, but we added over a hundred thousand lines of code on top, barely recognisable at this stage.